Wednesday, April 15, 2020

CCR Question #3 Draft

Going into this project, Aiden and I's production skills were average. We knew how to use our phones as cameras, we knew how to bare minimum edit videos, but we were going into this project confident enough that we can make a film and make it well. However, there was a lot of learning during the process of making our project. I had no clue about camera settings on my phone before this production started. All I knew is that you can take pictures, film videos, and that was kind of it. I learned a lot about lens settings, camera filters, and proper ways to zoom in and zoom out. As for editing, I was very comfortable with iMovie, even though it is a very basic tool. I’ve been using iMovie since late in my elementary school days when I worked on the news show for our school. We did end up using iMovie in the end product, which might’ve been a bit of a poor decision considering it’s hard to do a lot of advanced things on it. Organizing in planning for filming was way harder than I anticipated it to be. Aiden and I both got sick multiple times during filming, Both of us went on vacation multiple times, and there were some family emergencies that made us not able to come to school. all of these things hindered our ability to film at a desired time, so we were only able to do a few retakes. I know have a much greater respect and admiration for film crews on movies. Even though I’ve made small films and videos since elementary school, this specific project is the one that I have learned the most from.

No comments:

Post a Comment